Story at AlterNet on debt strikes

Sarah Jaffe

Nov 8, 2011, 7:09:18 AM11/8/11
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for everyone's help:
http://www.alternet.org/story/152963/debtor%27s_revolution%3A_are_debt_strikes_another_possible_tactic_in_the_fight_against_the_big_banks/

My next project is trying to identify the big banks that are most
deeply involved in student lending. I'm also talking back and forth
with some of the people quoted in this piece and reaching out to
others who are interested--I'd love to help set up a conversation
between the people on this list and some organizers, economists, and
the like whose expertise might be useful...

--
Sarah Jaffe
ohyouprettythings.net

Douglas Rushkoff

Nov 8, 2011, 7:16:37 AM11/8/11
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Great stuff Sarah!
Exactly the way I'd hope for the spirit of Contact to be remembered.

Greg Belvedere

Nov 8, 2011, 1:44:11 PM11/8/11
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
Thanks Sarah. I enjoyed the article and have already passed it along.
I know during one of our meetings we talked about getting in touch
with economists that could give us feedback and help us make our
protests more effective. So I look forward to that conversation.

Greg Belvedere

On Nov 8, 7:09 am, Sarah Jaffe <sarah.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for everyone's help:http://www.alternet.org/story/152963/debtor%27s_revolution%3A_are_deb...

Max Fowler Cohen

Nov 8, 2011, 1:47:06 PM11/8/11
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Sarah!

I didn't know about Steven Katz of Debtorboards.  Very interesting.  Are you in touch with him personally?  I should think he would be a useful consultative asset to this group.  Perhaps we might reach out to Katz and others (i.e. economists, as per Greg's suggestion) and add some new faces to the google group in order to amplify the conversation.

Max.

Thomas

Nov 10, 2011, 4:30:16 PM11/10/11
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
An excellent article Sarah! For me at least it really helps bring
things into focus a bit more. At this stage I think we still need a
lot of focusing. I'd be very interested to talk to real economists and
policy experts about this idea. The more I learn the more pitfalls I
see and the more potential solutions I see.

-Thomas