Google Hangouts

Greg Belvedere

Dec 4, 2011, 5:26:03 PM12/4/11
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
Hey everyone,

It feels like we are having problems finding a space to work on this.
Do we want to try and do this remotely through a google hangout? Or
does somebody know of a good space we might use. I think there might
be a limit to the number of people in hangouts, but we can break off
into different groups and post notes here. I also think we might want
to concentrate more on a specific campaign than building a platform
which seems a lot more difficult. I think most of the people
interested in this project have more of a stake in student debt than
any other area, so I think we should concentrate there. We can always
duplicate the model and help others with similar strikes, but I don't
know if enough debt strikes exist to create a platform for people to
launch their own. I don't want to come at this with too much of a
vanguard mentality, but I think given what I heard at Contact we have
people with a good grasp on the best way to do this. I would rather
have us do one effective debt strike that could serve as a model for
future strikes than spend a lot of time developing a complicated
platform that people might not be able to use effectively. This is
just my opinion of course. How does everyone else feel about this?

Greg Belvedere
Founder of Our Bookshelf: The DRM-free Ebook Lending Social Network
ourbookshelf.com
Follow on twitter @ourebookshelf

Greg Belvedere

Dec 14, 2011, 2:53:14 PM12/14/11
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
Anyone? Has everyone really just disappeared, or has this discussion
moved elsewhere?

Greg

Thomas Gokey

Dec 14, 2011, 3:20:34 PM12/14/11
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I'd be up for a hangout.

-Thomas
Thomas Gokey
The Art School in the Art School | Department of Wonder and Joy
Syracuse "University" | VPA Foundations
Time Arts | Two-Dimensional Creative Processes
w: thomasgokey.com
e: thoma...@gmail.com
This e-mail is a handmade object, all errors of spelling and grammar give it a sense of character and authenticity.

Gmail's algorithms search the contents of our e-mail for keywords which it uses to customize the advertizements it shows us. Google tries to be sensitive, however, and disables the ads if you are writing about tragic subjects. If the algorithm finds keywords like "massacre," "slaughter," "bloodbath," or "murder" it will not show you ads. Since I just used them here, in my signature, I'm ad free.

Eric Sanders

Dec 14, 2011, 4:54:28 PM12/14/11
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Haha, sorry too, I'm still here!

Best,

Eric

saraw1

Dec 14, 2011, 5:36:47 PM12/14/11
to debt-strike-...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I wrote a lengthy response on about December 8. When I pressed "post," it disappeared into the great beyond. :-( Sara

Greg Belvedere

Dec 14, 2011, 5:41:23 PM12/14/11
to Debt Strike /Kick-Stopper
That is a bummer Sara. I'm glad people are still on board for this.
Once a few more people are down for this we can try to organize a
time. Thanks guys.