debian on a Sun Cobalt Qube 3 (x86) [Was ' ']

Chris Zubrzycki

Feb 1, 2002, 9:26:03 PM2/1/02

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 01:22 PM, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:

> On the other hand, Cobalt web interface for administation is a BAD BAD
> thing whenever one knonws how to to more by hand: the interface is
> incompatible with pratically *every* good thing that one can think
> to do manually.
>
> And software updates by Sun/Cobalt have big, big latency times ...
> So I understand why someone wants to replace Cobalt software with
> Debian.

yes, many of the things I want to do do not work well with the standard
web interface, but upon deeper reading, i need at least a firmware
update to use 2.4 series kernels, and it looks like I will have to use
ext2 at least for my root and boot partitions, but with hope I can use
XFS for everything else. I'll post my results in case anyone is
interested.

--Chris Zubrzycki