Fwd: Fwd: sympow data files

William Stein

Jul 21, 2008, 2:57:11 AM7/21/08
to debia...@googlegroups.com
From the author of sympow...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Watkins <wat...@maths.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 7:56 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: sympow data files
To: William Stein <wst...@gmail.com>

William Stein wrote:
> [...]

Most of the included .txt data files are "dumbed-down" versions of the usual
data files so as to compute just the modular degree and the analytic rank.
They have less precision than the full generated files; I think it is 106
bits for the modular degree and 53 bits for the analytic rank. SYMPOW should
create the .bin from the .txt the first time it is needed.
[The .bin have a fixed endian-ness, which is why there are the .txt files.]

The .txt files themselves were created once (using the right PARI command,
but to lower precision than usual), but I don't recall what parameters were
chosen to do this. The param_data file should allow me to determine this,
though I might have to change the standard*.gp files also.

===
Mark Watkins
wat...@maths.usyd.edu.au

--