Specify a topic delimiter via config

Yunjoo Park

Jan 3, 2022, 12:09:57 AM1/3/22
to debezium
Hi, this is Yunjoo Park.
I'm using debezium for MySQL with my company infra. There is the limit that kafka topic cannot include ".".
However, debezium uses dot as the delimiter
So, I'd like to add a feature that specifies a topic delimiter via config.

jiri.p...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2022, 1:07:43 AM1/4/22
to debezium
Hi,

I'd recommend you to use RegexRouter or ByLogicalTableRouter SMT so you can redirect topics from names with dots to names you prefer .

J.

Yunjoo Park

Jan 6, 2022, 3:08:59 AM1/6/22
to debezium
Can I contribute?

Use dot as the delimiter in default or custom delimiter if it is specified.

TopicSelector.java
        String delimiter = connectorConfig.getTopicDelimiter();

CommonConnectorConfig.java
    public static final Field TOPIC_DELIMITER = Field.create("topic.delimiter")
            .withDisplayName("topic delimiter")
            .withType(Type.STRING)
            .withGroup(Field.createGroupEntry(Group.ADVANCED, 30))
            .withWidth(Width.MEDIUM)
            .withDefault(DEFAULT_TOPIC_DELIMITER)
            .withDescription("Topic delimiter. Defaults to \"" + DEFAULT_TOPIC_DELIMITER + "\".")
            .withImportance(Importance.LOW);

2022년 1월 4일 화요일 오후 3시 7분 43초 UTC+9에 jiri.p...@gmail.com님이 작성:

jiri.p...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 4:31:04 AM1/10/22
to debezium
Hi,

thanks for the offer. I see you've created a Jira issue which is great. We will decide whether we want to include the functionlita as any new config option is always evaluated.

Let's continue with the discussion there.

Have a nice day

J.