SQL Server Source connector - Memory usage at source database

Mukesh Kumar

Mar 22, 2023, 10:42:48 AM3/22/23
to debezium
Hello All,

Does Debezium Source connector make any performance impact on source database ?

So, I am using one Source connector for SQL Server.

What I observed is when I run Source connector, memory consumption at the source server starts increasing, and it increases the clean buffer page.

For example - when source connector was down, for database "test" clean buffer pool count was 43K, but on starting Source connector, it increased up to 70K.

Eventually, it is taking all the memory of the server.

Do we have any setting that clean the buffer pool, or it needs to be handled on SQL Server level only ?

Regards
Mukesh Kumar