Stop Incremental snapshot

Thanh Thảo Huỳnh

Apr 21, 2022, 5:48:44 AM4/21/22
to debezium
I am setting up the incremental snapshot for my connector:
- Postgres connector
- Debezium 1.6.0.Final

Is there any way to stop the snapshot after starting it?
Thanks!

Chris Cranford

Apr 21, 2022, 9:03:41 AM4/21/22
to debe...@googlegroups.com, Thanh Thảo Huỳnh
Hi Thanh -

This is currently on the radar as something we are looking to add in the near future:
https://issues.redhat.com/browse/DBZ-4251

HTH,
CC

Thanh Thảo Huỳnh

Apr 21, 2022, 1:18:46 PM4/21/22
to debezium
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your information.

I have another question about the snapshot window. Is any info stored in the signal topic (Kafka) or signal table (database) that shows the progress of the snapshot?
For example, the last primary key is captured in a snapshot window.

Thank you so much.

Chris Cranford

Apr 21, 2022, 3:11:00 PM4/21/22
to debe...@googlegroups.com, Thanh Thảo Huỳnh
Hi Thanh

There is information about an incremental snapshot that is stored inside the offset topic.  The offset topic keys of interest are:

    incremental_snapshot_collections - tables to be snapshotted
    incremental_snapshot_primary_key - the last event sent to Kafka
    incremental_snapshot_maximum_key - the largest primary key when snapshot started

As for metrics, yes you can obtain this information from the snapshot based JMX metrics bean for the connector.  You want to look for the following metrics:

    ChunkId
    ChunkFrom
    ChunkTo
    TableFrom
    TableTo

Hope that helps,
CC

Thanh Thảo Huỳnh

Apr 25, 2022, 11:36:32 AM4/25/22
to debezium

Thank you, it helps me alot.

Thanh Thảo Huỳnh

May 12, 2022, 7:09:22 AM5/12/22
to debezium
Hi Chris,

When will this feature be released?

Thanks.

Chris Cranford

May 13, 2022, 4:25:29 PM5/13/22
to debe...@googlegroups.com, Thanh Thảo Huỳnh
Hi Thanh -

Right now we have it targeted for 1.9.3.Final, but that's merely a guide and should shift depending on current priorities.  You can find more information on the feature at https://issues.redhat.com/browse/DBZ-4251.

Thanks,
Chris