Debezium Server on Kubernetes

Chachi Pereira

May 4, 2022, 2:13:22 PM5/4/22
to debezium
Has anyone deployed Debezium Server on Kubernetes? Curious to know since I'm exploring an approach without Kafka. Ideally we need to push directly to GCP pub/sub without the overhead of maintaining kafka as well.

Gunnar Morling

May 5, 2022, 4:47:41 AM5/5/22
to debezium
Haven't tried that myself, but would love to learn about your experiences. I wouldn't expect much hassle, just add Debezium Server to a container image with Java 11, and you should be good to go. Thinking about it, we probably should look into publishing a ready-made image on quay.io. We also discussed some ideas around creating a K8s operator for Debezium Server, which will become very interesting once Debezium Server supports scaling out tasks across multiple instances, akin to what Kafka Connect can do. But we're not there yet.

--Gunnar
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted