Unwrap Transformer Add Server-name as Field?

Niels Berglund

Jun 27, 2022, 2:08:51 PMJun 27
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

I am using the Debezium SQL Server connector to retrieve data from SQL Server into a Kafka Topic. I have multiple databases with the same name sitting on different servers (hostnames). These databases have the same tables (obviously with different data but sane schema). I want to feed the data from the different databases into one Kafka topic and subsequently use the JDBC sink connector to ingest it into one table in a PostgreSQL.

It would be "cool" if I could differentiate in the Kafka topic which server the data came from. I thought about using the Unwrap transformer's 'transforms.unwrap.add.fields' to add either the hostname or the server name defined in the config file. My question is whether it is possible and if so - what the field name is?

Thanks!

Niels

Niels Berglund

Jun 28, 2022, 3:26:18 AMJun 28
to debezium
Never mind :) I am a noob, I found 'source.name'. Life is good!

Thanks!

Niels