Any chance PostgreSQL bytea[] type can be supported ?

Gene Zhang

Mar 17, 2023, 5:33:14 PM3/17/23
to debezium
When we encrypt data, they become types bytea for text and bytea[] for text arrays. Currently Debezium for PG only supports text[] but not bytea[]. Any chance it can be extended to support bytea[]? Thanks!

Chris Cranford

Mar 18, 2023, 2:27:41 PM3/18/23
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gene -

We always welcome any new features from the community that bring value. You're welcomed to check Jira [1] and submit a new Jira enhancement ticket if an existing feature request for Byte Array support isn't already there.  In addition, we also welcome contributions, if you're willing to take ownership of this new feature and submit a pull request.

Thanks,
Chris

[1]: https://issues.redhat.com/projects/DBZ/

On 3/17/23 17:33, 'Gene Zhang' via debezium wrote:
When we encrypt data, they become types bytea for text and bytea[] for text arrays. Currently Debezium for PG only supports text[] but not bytea[]. Any chance it can be extended to support bytea[]? Thanks! --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "debezium" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/debezium/5590842c-67db-4d82-bec4-3ddf2fa6ac46n%40googlegroups.com.

Gene Zhang

Mar 19, 2023, 2:15:28 PM3/19/23
to debezium
Thanks Chris. https://issues.redhat.com/browse/DBZ-6232 created for this.
The feature shouldn't be complicated to implement. However, I'm not familiar with the code at all so would take much more time to learn than to deliver an enhancement for this. I would be happy to contribute if we could implement it ourselves in a productive way. Thanks for understanding.
Best regards,
-Gene

Gene Zhang

Mar 27, 2023, 1:59:09 PM3/27/23
to debezium
Close the loop here. The PR for the feature has been merged: https://github.com/debezium/debezium/pull/4400
Thanks everyone in the delivery of the PR for incredible support for the request. Much appreciated!