Missing metrics in Oracle connector

Petar Partlov

Jan 23, 2023, 12:08:41 PM1/23/23
to debezium
Hi,

Beside these three, there are also some more metrics missing. Does anyone know what can be reason for this? From anyone I know personally working with Debezium Oracle connector, I heard same issue so it may be 100% repro actually.

Thanks

Chris Cranford

Jan 24, 2023, 8:00:13 AM1/24/23
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Petar -

I reviewed your SO post and most of those you showed are related to either String-based or String Array-based types, and AFAIK these are not supported in Prometheus.  The driving factor for expressing these as String values is because in high volume or older Oracle databases, the SCN values have likely extended beyond Long.MAX_VALUE and therefore cannot be represented by a simple Long.  Obviously this won't address the String[] (String Array) that holds the current log filenames, but could we expose the SCN values as BigInteger?  Would that be compatible with Prometheus and Grafana with values that exceed Long.MAX_VALUE?  We'd need to check, but that's the only way I could imagine exporting these values.

Chris

Petar Partlov

Jan 24, 2023, 2:05:20 PM1/24/23
to debezium