Need input

shobha rana

Jun 25, 2024, 3:28:36 PM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to debezium
What will happen in this, we are using DebeziumEngine and reading records
in this order 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

for some reason 3 is stuck in processing and rest are called for markProcessed
one by one. And markBatchFinished is called is size of record is matching with index. Meaning size == i, which may happen for 10th record. But then 3 is still not yet reached to markProcessed.
after some time  markProcessed will be called for 3 as well.

Do I need to call markBatchFinished again, for the whole list?

Please suggest

jiri.p...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2024, 11:18:39 PM (7 days ago) Jun 25
to debezium
Hi,

you must call `markBatchFinished` only after ALL records are processed. If not then it is possible that after crash/restart the record 3 will not get processed at all.

Jiri