Oracle JDBC driver 23.x throws ORA-18716 - not in any time zone

Mukesh Venaram Choudhary

Jun 13, 2024, 8:31:30 AMJun 13
to debezium
Hi Chris,

We are using debezium version 1.9 for capturing CDC events from Oracle and we are getting the ORA-18716 error. We have tried with ojdbc 12.x, 19.x and 21.x?

Any way to resolve this error other than upgrading debezium to 2.2 and above?

Thanks

Chris Cranford

Jun 13, 2024, 9:30:12 AMJun 13
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

The Oracle 23 JDBC driver is not something we supported on Debezium 1.9. This was fixed in DBZ-6502 [1], which was applied in Debezium 2.2 and 2.3.  As Debezium 1.9 is no longer supported, you will need to move to a later version to obtain the fix.

Thanks,
Chris

[1]: https://issues.redhat.com/browse/DBZ-6502

Mukesh Venaram Choudhary

Jun 13, 2024, 10:52:41 AMJun 13
to debezium
Any chance it can work with older Oracle JDBC drivers? 12.x, 19.x and 21.x?

Thanks,

Chris Cranford

Jun 13, 2024, 10:59:14 AMJun 13
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

It should be compatible with 12/19/21, as those were what we tested with Debezium 1.9 [1]:

Thanks,
Chris

[1]: https://debezium.io/releases/1.9/

Mukesh Venaram Choudhary

Jun 13, 2024, 11:05:26 AMJun 13
to debezium
Our setup is on Debezium 1.9 with ojdbc 19/21. We are getting the same error. By any chance was the fix applied for ORA-18716 in the lower versions?

Thanks,
Mukesh Choudhary

Chris Cranford

Jun 13, 2024, 11:45:57 AMJun 13
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps the version of 19/21 drivers contain a backport of some changes made to the 23 driver.
What explicit versions of the 19 and 21 drivers are you using?

Chris