Building Debezium connector

Nancy Xu

May 11, 2022, 4:27:13 PM5/11/22
to debezium
Hi,

I tried forking then cloning the Debezium repository, and running the mvn clean verify -Dquick command, according to the github instructions: https://github.com/debezium/debezium

However, it fails with the following error: "error: release version 17 not supported."

I noticed that Debezium builds regular code with Java 11 and test code with Java 17.

What actions do I have to take in order to have "mvn clean verify" run successfully? Would I need to install Java 17 in my environment? What would my JAVA_HOME variable point to, Java 11 or Java 17?

Thanks,

Nancy

Chris Cranford

May 11, 2022, 6:10:10 PM5/11/22
to debe...@googlegroups.com, Nancy Xu
Hi Nancy,

Yes, you need to build using Java 17 and we compile back to Java 11 compatibility on main now, which is Debezium 2.0.

Thanks,
Chris

Nancy Xu

May 11, 2022, 7:31:41 PM5/11/22