notifications missing id field in log channel

Lauren Mulholland

Dec 1, 2023, 4:24:31 PM12/1/23
to debezium
I've been running some tests on the notification feature and I found that the id field is missing from the log entries. This field is useful for incremental snapshots to track/link the notification to the snapshot signal that was sent. Please see the attached screenshots of the id field appearing a topic (via the sink notification channel) but not in the log (via the log notification channel.

log.png
topic.png

jiri.p...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2023, 1:24:37 AM12/4/23
to debezium
Hi,

thanks for the report. Please create a Jira with the request. The change is pretty simple - just modification of io.debezium.pipeline.notification.Notification.toString()

J.

Lauren Mulholland

Dec 4, 2023, 11:12:42 PM12/4/23
to debezium
Thanks J, I will do.

One other follow up question - I've found the data_collections attribute is reporting unexpected values as well. It seems that, once a snapshot is completed for a data collection, the given data collection is removed from the list, which impacts the subsequent notifications. In the screenshot attached, I've parsed out the values from the notifications for an incremental snapshot. As you can see, as the 'completed' data collections is just an empty list, which is not very useful for tracking which data collections were snapshotted. Is this the expected behaviour - I don't believe the details of this attribute are documented. I know that one can link the 'completed' notification to the 'started' notification by id to determine which data collections have completed snapshotting, but it doesn't seem like this is the expected behaviour.

Thanks again,

LaurenScreenshot 2023-12-04 at 20.02.49.png