Memory usage on Mysq 5.7 with 200k tables

AR

Sep 15, 2021, 11:41:58 AM9/15/21
to debezium
Hello,

I'm using mysql 5.7 and debezium 1.6

In my case I have mysql shard server with 540 schemas and 276153 tables in all schemas summary.

Using:
snapshot.locking.mode: minimal_percona
snapshot.mode: schema_only
database.exclude.list: information_schema,mysql,performance_schema,sys
transforms: AddPrefix
transforms.Reroute.topic.replacement  to route all events in 1 topic.
DDL of all tables is the same.

Data changes in mysql happens very rarely (about 10-50 per second).

Snapshot takes about 10-20 minutes.

Than events goes ok and kafka target topic fills with right data.

But memory usage is +8gb after  start and do not decrease.

After some profiling with jcmd heap_dump found, that memory used by

io.debezium.relational.Tables

io.debezium.relational.ddl.DdlChanges

The question is:

Is it possible to decrease memory usage after initial snapshot?
May be with some configuration option, assuming that DDL will not be changed never, and is the same for all tables.

Gunnar Morling

Oct 8, 2021, 4:19:53 PM10/8/21
to debezium
Sorry for the late reply; do you think you could take a heap dump an analyze what's consuming most of the memory? Assuming the internal metadata model is the most impacting factor, we do have a task for Debezium 1.8 for exploring and hopefully following through on improving the situation there: https://issues.redhat.com/browse/DBZ-4130.

--Gunnar