Debezium for Amazon Aurora Postgres

Israel War

Sep 21, 2022, 12:32:56 PM9/21/22
to debezium
Hello everyone! I am wanting to stream CDC to Kafka from a large Amazon Aurora Postgresql. Currently, this database is in Oracle DB and handles around 15k/min modification calls. We tried using Debezium for this oracle but it would kill our database consuming all of its memory. Talking to some Aurora experts they told us that the use of Debezium would freeze some tables when streaming it. I have read the documentation, and I do not see anything like that mentioned. I was wondering if someone could help me with some expert tips to better configure Debezium so that I can have CDC with low lag and low impact on the Database when we start using it or if it would be a bad idea altogether.
Thanks in advance!