Call for Speakers is open for Current 2022: The Next Generation of Kafka Summit

ro...@confluent.io

Jun 8, 2022, 11:35:28 AMJun 8
to debezium
Hi everyone,

We’re very excited to announce our Call for Speakers for Current 2022: The Next Generation of Kafka Summit!

We’re looking for talks about all aspects of event-driven design, streaming technology, and real-time systems. Think about Apache Kafka® and similar technologies, and work outwards from there. Whether it’s a data engineering talk with real-time data, software engineering with message brokers, or event-driven architectures—if there’s data in motion, then it’s going to be relevant.

The talk tracks are as follows:

- Developing Real-Time Applications
- Streaming Technologies
- Fun and Geeky
- Architectures You’ve Always Wondered About
- People & Culture
- Data Development Life Cycle (including SDLC for data, data mesh, governance, schemas)
- Case Studies
- Operations and Observability
- Pipelines Done Right
- Real-Time Analytics
- Event Streaming in Academia and Beyond

You can find the call for speakers at https://sessionize.com/current-2022/, and a blog detailing the process (and some tips especially for new speakers) at https://www.confluent.io/blog/how-to-be-a-speaker-at-current-2022-the-next-kafka-summit/. If you have any questions about submitting I would be pleased to answer them - you can contact me directly at ro...@confluent.io.

The call for speakers closes at June 26, 23:59 CT.

Thanks,

Robin Moffatt
Program Committee Chair

Gunnar Morling

Jun 8, 2022, 11:53:35 AMJun 8
to debezium
Hey Robin,

Thanks a lot for sharing the word about Current 2022 here!

All, I highly encourage everyone to consider submitting talk propsals to Current; having had the honour of speaking at Kafka Summit in the past, I only can recommend the event. Needless to say that anything related to Debezium and data streaming at large would be a perfect fit and a great opportunity to share your learnings with the wider data community.

Best,

--Gunnar