SSL mode VERIFY_IDENTITY is only used for BinlogReader and not for SnapshotReader

mhv

Mar 16, 2021, 10:34:00 PM3/16/21
to debezium

Using EmbeddedEngine with mysql connector to connect to Aurora DB.

Looking at the logs and the code, SSL mode VERIFY_IDENTITY is only used when reading binlogs and not when reading snapshot.

In case of SnapshotReader, it sets useSSL to true in connection URL if I use ssl mode VERIFY_IDENTITY or VERIFY_CA but does not use the SSL mode.

I need the SnapshotReader to also use the expected ssl mode.

jiri.p...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2021, 2:53:40 AM3/17/21
to debezium
Hi,

could you please try it with 1.5.0.Beta2? If the problem persists could you please raise a Jira issue and add connector config to it?

Thanks

J.