Debezium sending events for uncommitted inserts?

Matthew Chambers

Sep 16, 2022, 11:04:36 AM9/16/22
to debezium

I'm using an embedded Debezium Engine 1.9.5 with Mysql 8.0.18 (Google Cloud SQL) .

I have a 'DebeziumEngine.ChangeConsumer<ChangeEvent<String, String>>' which is iterating the 'List<ChangeEvent<String, String>> and emitting these events out onto a message bus.  The consumer of this data sometimes has to query back to MySQL in order to pull more info since the table doesn't have everything, but the query returns no results. If I sleep for a couple millis, then the data is there, but this isn't reliable unless the sleep is very long and we need the throughput.

We had this issue in 1.8.x and we upgraded to 1.9.x and it went away so we thought we were good, but now its back a couple months later and it happens quite frequently.  All of this is running in GKE.

Matt

jiri.p...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2022, 1:54:57 AM9/19/22
to debezium
Hi,

please make sure that when you query the table that you start a new transaction. If the tx was already running then according to isolation rules it might not seen changes commited by a different TX.

J.