Does KafkaConnect restart debezium connector?

Logu Venkatachalam

Jun 29, 2022, 1:03:38 PM6/29/22
to debezium
Debezium stops after encountering an issue with JDBC connection. I am under impression that the KafaConnect will restart the connectors after failure. Is that true?

In our case KafkaConnect does not seem to restart the failed connector.

Trying to understand what behavior to expect.

Thanks
Logu

Chris Cranford

Jun 29, 2022, 4:26:37 PM6/29/22
to debe...@googlegroups.com, Logu Venkatachalam
Hi Logu -

That depends on your connector configuration and the error thrown.  Can you please share the exact error stack trace that is thrown, the name and version of the connector you're using, and your connector configuration and finally the Kafka Connect version you're on.

Thanks,
Chris

Logu Venkatachalam

Jun 29, 2022, 4:37:29 PM6/29/22