Kafka connect hangs...

Mahesh Vedantam

Jun 24, 2024, 2:37:23 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Kakfa connect & debezium hangs & not responding when received the transaction logs of about weeks data. Is there anyway to over come this? Is this related snapshots or offset pointers, please let me know. Please let me know how to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
UMV

Chris Cranford

Jun 24, 2024, 4:54:15 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

I believe you're going to need to share quite a bit more detail, such as:

    - Debezium version
    - Kafka Connect version
    - What is your source database
    - What is the amount of a week's transaction logs of data?
    - What is the maximum heap you've given Kafka Connect?

Perhaps the issue is that you're consuming the maximum memory available to the process and the JVM is constantly firing garbage collection?

Thanks,
Chris

Mahesh Vedantam

Jun 25, 2024, 12:22:19 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to debe...@googlegroups.com
    - Debezium version
2.6.1
    - Kafka Connect version
3.7.0

    - What is your source database
postgres

    - What is the amount of a week's transaction logs of data?
Not sure, but i was showing committed/ack 16000 messages

    - What is the maximum heap you've given Kafka Connect?
Default.

Message has been deleted

Chris Cranford

Jun 25, 2024, 11:50:51 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

Is it possible the connector is traversing the WAL and gives the impression that it is stuck?  Would you be able to share the full connector logs, preferably setting the log level to DEBUG for io.debezium.

Thanks,
Chris