Debezium postgres connector...

Mahesh Vedantam

Jun 7, 2024, 3:04:32 PMJun 7
to debezium
Hi Team,

I'm trying to connect Kafka-Connect with the azure event hub using the Postgres database.
I am encountering issues while connecting with Postgres database:-

Error Snapshotting to <schema>.<table_name> Perm denied
Snapshotting to.<table_name> Perm denied
Not sure what perms are required for the schema and the table.

Also, the publication which was created manually isn't working.
Connector configuration:-
publication.autocreate.mode = disabled

Replication perm given,
Create perm  given,
select perm given.

Please advise on the publication permissions also

But it is still adding all the tables in the database.

I specified one table in table.include.list and schema in the schema.include.list.
Not sure why it is taking all the tables.

Can some one take look and let me know what caused the error.
Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Umamahesh V.

Chris Cranford

Jun 7, 2024, 5:47:11 PMJun 7
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

Can you please share the full connector log bits where this error occurred.  In the meantime you can also read the documentation about permissions [1].

Thanks,
Chris

[1]: https://debezium.io/documentation/reference/2.7/connectors/postgresql.html#postgresql-permissions

Mahesh Vedantam

Jun 9, 2024, 6:40:26 AMJun 9
to debe...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris,

Postgres connector Configuration is as follows:-
name=<<connector<<
connector.class: io.debezium.connector.postgresql.PostgresConnector",
plugin.name=pgoutput
publication.autoCreate.mode=disabled
snapshot.mode=when_needed
Postgres configuration
table.include.list=
schema.include.list=
transformations...

Please let me know why I see the below errors:-
Snapshotting of database schema - perm denied
Snapshotting of database table - perm denied.

thanks,
regards,
Umamahesh V.

Chris Cranford

Jun 10, 2024, 7:15:24 AMJun 10
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

Well, without the connector logs I'm afraid there is little we can do other than speculate.  I guess is your user doesn't have grants to select or to perform an exported snapshot on the table.  If you want a more concrete answer to what you observe a permission denied error, then we need the connector logs to know what part of the code is generating the issue, which includes the Java error stack trace.

Thanks,
Chris

Mahesh Vedantam

Jun 16, 2024, 12:17:42 AMJun 16
to debe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Please advise if we need to have the create perms on the database when using publications.

For example:-
publication.autoCreate.mode: disabled.

Also, which snapshot is the most desirable snapshot mode?
snapshot.mode: when_needed or increment.

Please respond.

Regards,
Mahesh