How to reset offset to begining

FairyTail1279

May 12, 2022, 6:47:50 AM5/12/22
to debezium
Hi. All

I created connector name "A" and delete it and recreating connector name "A" again. how can connector read  topic from the beginning again?

Thanks.
FairyTail.

Chris Cranford

May 13, 2022, 4:25:25 PM5/13/22
to debe...@googlegroups.com, FairyTail1279
Hi Fairy -

Kafka Connect uses the connector name as a lookup key for the offsets and when you remove the connector, it does not automatically clean-up offsets.  If you want the connector to take a snapshot & start from the beginning rather than resuming where it last left off when you delete & re-create the connector, you will either need to clear the offsets after you've deleted the connector or re-create the connector with a new name.  Using a new name is the easiest and what we see a lot of people use is a numeric value at the end of the name that they simply increment, but that's entirely up to you.

Hope that helps.
Chris