Oracle Materialized Views

Chris Cranford

Jun 11, 2024, 1:27:40 PMJun 11
to debezium
Hi all -

In case anyone may not be part of our Zulip chat, I've recently raised a discussion about Materialized View rebuilds [1].

I'm curious whether anyone is currently using Debezium to capture Oracle materialized views and whether view rebuilds have been problematic for synchronizing your data, particularly if your DBA uses complete rebuilds as this will cause a stream of DELETE and INSERT events for each row.  I've recently raised DBZ-7945 [2] as a possible alternative to optionally skip the dispatch of materialized view rebuilds (mainly theoretically but looks promising).  I'd like to gather feedback if you believe this would be helpful for your environment and to understand if you or your DBA team have been handling materialized views differently, and if so how to make sure that any solution we develop has the widest benefits for the community.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can share.
Chris

[1]: https://debezium.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/348250-community-oracle/topic/Materialized.20View.20Rebuilds/near/444058162
[2]: https://issues.redhat.com/browse/DBZ-7945