[DeBakey Library Newsletter] Happy New SchoolYear

L. G. Hayes

Sep 1, 2014, 11:10:51 PM9/1/14
to debakey-libra...@googlegroups.com

I hope you have had a fantastic first week.

New Schedule

Due to our new Homeroom/Lunch schedule, the library will not be able to accommodate additional students during lunchtime.  The library will add an additional 30 minutes to the day by opening at 7:00 a.m. and closing at 4:30 Monday through Friday.  Closing time is 3:45 on Friday.

Online Resources

Our selection of online resources is still uncertain.  All of the secondary online resources are available to PowerUp schools, but the District has not made the decision to make them available to all high schools. Turnitin.com is the resource most in question, and our current contract lasts until the end of October. Our school account number is 8154.   All of the other current resources are available until the end of September.  Simply click on 'Teacher Resources' on the DeBakey Library Web Page to access all of the resources.  The remote access user name and password are still 'houstonisd' and 'astros'.

Teachers can schedule classes for research instruction or summer reading testing now.

Cartoon

--
Posted By L. G. Hayes to DeBakey Library Newsletter at 9/01/2014 08:10:00 PM

L. G. Hayes

Sep 2, 2014, 9:26:57 AM9/2/14
to debakey-libra...@googlegroups.com

I hope everyone had a fantastic first week.

New Schedule

Due to our new Homeroom/Lunch schedule, the library will not be able to accommodate additional students during lunchtime.  The library will add an additional 30 minutes to the day by opening at 7:00 a.m. and closing at 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.  Closing time is 3:45 on Friday.

Online Resources

Our selection of online resources is still uncertain.  All of the secondary online resources are available to PowerUp schools, but the District has not made the decision to make them available to all high schools. Turnitin.com is the resource most in question, and our current contract lasts until the end of October. Our school account number is 18154.   All of the other current resources are available until the end of September.  Simply click on 'Teacher Resources' on the DeBakey Library Web Page (debakeyhslibrary.org) to access all of the resources.  The remote access user name and password are still 'houstonisd' and 'astros'.  I will send an update when the District makes a decision.

If you need assistance creating your class accounts, send me an email to schedule an appointment.

Library Schedule

Teachers can schedule classes for research instruction or summer reading testing now. Drop by the library and reserve your time at your convenience.

Identity Cards

At this time, we do not have the software to make ID cards. The library has created barcode cards so that freshmen can check out books. Those cards have been placed in homeroom teacher mailboxes.

L. G. Hayes

Sep 2, 2014, 10:15:55 AM9/2/14
to debakey-libra...@googlegroups.com

L. G. Hayes