banned book week

1 view

tmkrowan

Sep 24, 2010, 9:09:26 AM9/24/10
to DeBakey Library Newsletter
I am so pleased that there is recognition of banned books throughout
the schools and libraries of the country. I read several of these
books as a teenager, and here I am, years later, as a responsible
adult. Thought control is one of the most insidious types of control.
You don't know when you're being kept from knowledge of others'
opinions if you aren't even allowed to know what is being banned from
your reading possibilities. With the lists of banned books, you become
aware of what others are trying to supress.