What's the meaning of the individual from the GA-tsp problem?

Michael Xiang

May 20, 2016, 1:40:23 AM5/20/16
to deap-users

here is the example of tsp: https://github.com/DEAP/deap/blob/master/examples/ga/tsp.py

I add 'print individual' in the function of evalTSP。

Here is my example of tsp,
I print the best_individual, but i can't undestand the meaning about the list of numbers.

What's the meaning of the individual ? Can i set the start point about the problem?

PS: I am new to deap, if you can answer the question, i will appreciate you.

Michael Xiang

May 20, 2016, 1:41:47 AM5/20/16
to deap-users

Here is my example of tsp,https://github.com/Michael728/deap-tsp-michael/blob/master/deap-tsp.ipynb
在 2016年5月20日星期五 UTC+8下午1:40:23,Michael Xiang写道:

François-Michel De Rainville

May 20, 2016, 6:36:32 AM5/20/16
to deap-users
The TSP optimizes the order in which the cities are visited, thus list list of numbers (City 4, City 5, City 10, etc.).

Setting a fixed start point (initial city) is not usefull, since it only reduces the dimensionality of the problem by one and removes the rotational symmetry that can help a search algorithm.

Cheers,