Looking to implement ALPS in DEAP -- advice on how to implement it so it could be merged into DEAP?

Randy Olson

Sep 10, 2015, 10:10:46 PM9/10/15
to deap-users
Hello,

I've been actively developing a research project with DEAP. As part of the project, I would like to implement a version of ALPS, which I've seen isn't implemented in DEAP.

I have some ideas on how to implement ALPS in my DEAP GP algorithm, but I would appreciate any advice you have as DEAP developers on how to implement it such that it wouldn't be much work to contribute the ALPS implementation to DEAP for other DEAP users to take advantage of.

Would ALPS perhaps best be implemented as an extension of deap.algorithms.eaSimple?

Best regards,
Randy

François-Michel De Rainville

Sep 15, 2015, 7:05:45 PM9/15/15
to deap-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Randy,
I haven't read the entire paper but I think ALPS would not be very hard to implement. Either, you may start a complete new algorithm or think in terms of operator, but again since I'm not familiar with the details I don't know which way applies best.

If you wish to publicize you implementation you can send a PR to the deap/experimental repository or post it as a gist we will reference it as implemented algorithm.

Thanks,
Have fun,
François-Michel