plotting pareto frontier for more than 2 objectives

Betty

Oct 12, 2018, 2:04:16 PM10/12/18
to deap-users
Hi All,

My apologies  - this question is not directly related to the DEAP, but, I thought you might give me some help.
I used NSGA-II to solve a multi-objective problem (maximise, minimise and minimise).
I tried to plot my results using a 3D scatter diagram. Blue points are the individuals evolved throughout the algorithm, and red points are the final hof values (pareto frontier).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SRN1KQTERuow56AF9

Is there a better way to plot this?

Many thanks for your help.

François-Michel De Rainville

Oct 12, 2018, 2:24:26 PM10/12/18
to deap-users
Pair plots are a good way to plot multidimensional data.

Betty Goodfellow

Oct 12, 2018, 2:37:56 PM10/12/18
to deap-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks François,

Let me check I understood you correctly, so instead of plotting 3 of the objectives using a 3D plot, just plot them in pairs?

François-Michel De Rainville

Oct 12, 2018, 2:44:16 PM10/12/18
to deap-users
Exactly