DEAP and GABIL: GA-based concept learner

Hector Dominguez

Oct 29, 2014, 12:08:57 AM10/29/14
to deap-...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I would like to know if can I use DEAP to develop a classifier based on Genetics Algorithms (GABIL) ?

In GABIL, individuals have different length and each individual represent a rule set coding like binary strings. After reading documentation, I seen that I should implement a proper crossover operator but I don't know how to use individual with different lengths.

Are there any example that help me?

GABIL Reference: Using Genetic Algorithms for Concept Learning (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00993042)

Thank you very much and best regards,
Héctor

François-Michel De Rainville

Oct 31, 2014, 7:36:00 AM10/31/14
to deap-...@googlegroups.com
There is one crossover for list individuals of different length : http://deap.readthedocs.org/en/master/api/tools.html#deap.tools.cxMessyOnePoint

The code is here :

As you can see there is no magic. I don't see any reason why DEAP could not be used to implement GABIL, but you will probably have to implement your own algorithm instead of using the ones in the deap.algorithms module.

Regards,
François-Michel