objectives not conflicting

amy thomas

Nov 21, 2018, 6:16:32 AM11/21/18
to deap-users
Hello,

I am trying to solve a multi-objective optimization with three objectives (max, min, min) using NSGA2 and SPEA2. Two of my objectives are independent, but, it seems my third objectives is not actually conflicting with one of the other objectives. Is it still okay to use these optimization techniques for these situations, and what is the best thing to do in these cases?

Many thanks for your help.

Fabian Braennstroem

Dec 6, 2018, 5:48:36 AM12/6/18
to deap-users
Hi Amy,

I am not an expert, but nsga2 (and probably spea2) is developed for 2 objectives. So my suggestion is to combine the two non-conflicting objectives.

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion...!?

Best Regards
Fabian

Regards!
Fabian

François-Michel De Rainville

Dec 8, 2018, 12:17:27 PM12/8/18
to deap-users
No, NSGA-II cam be used for 2 or more objectives. It is not designed only for 2, it as been designed for many objectives.

Fabian Braennstroem

Dec 10, 2018, 2:41:31 PM12/10/18
to deap-users
Okay, thanks! My understanding was until now, that it runs with many objectives, but the convergence is not really good anymore.