Usage of MeshWorker::mesh_loop for DG methods

Maxi Miller

Jan 25, 2019, 5:44:53 AM1/25/19
to deal.II User Group
When using mesh_loop for discontinuous galerkin, I have to add two additional functions, boundary_worker and face_worker. When calling face_worker, it gets two cell-iterators as parameter. Are those two cells automatically neighbours, or do I have to check that in the worker itself? I could not find that in the documentation.
Thanks!

Wolfgang Bangerth

Jan 25, 2019, 9:01:09 AM1/25/19
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Yes, these are the two adjacent cells, since you need this information when
computing jump terms.

Would you be interested in adding this information to whatever place you
thought should have said this? (I.e., where you looked for it?)

Best
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu