Re: intel 19 compilation failure

Message has been deleted

Bruno Turcksin

Feb 14, 2019, 10:22:39 AM2/14/19
to deal.II User Group
Sean,

On Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 9:48:56 AM UTC-5, Sean McGovern wrote:
I am trying to install dealii with petsc and p4est on the cluster in Juelich with intel 19. It has been running with intel 18. As others have suggested, I have turned DEAL_II_WITH_CXX17=OFF, I have used the flag "-xhost", but I run into errors relating to vectorization (ALTIVEC).  I have used the bundled tbb, and using the loaded tbb module,  I get the errors in the log attached.
This error is normal, we check for ALTIVEC which you don't have on your machine (ALTIVEC is only for IBM machine) and since we can't find altivec.h, we disable the altivec vectorization. What bothers me more is that it seems that you have a problem with MKL:

/gpfs/software/juwels/stages/2018b/software/imkl/2019.0.117-ipsmpi-2018b/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a(mkl_get_mpi_wrappers_static.o):mkl_get_mpi_wrappers.c:function mkl_serv_get_mpi_wrappers: error: undefined reference to 'MKLMPI_Get_wrappers'

What's the configuration you are trying to use?

Best,

Bruno
Message has been deleted

Bruno Turcksin

Feb 14, 2019, 10:49:35 AM2/14/19
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Sean,

It looks like you need to link against blacs (mkl_blacs_intelmpi_ilp64) see here but I don't know where you need to add the flag in CANDI :(

Best,

bruno

Le jeu. 14 févr. 2019 à 10:35, Sean McGovern <smc...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi Bruno!
Attached is the configuration log.

I use MKL for petsc and p4est.

Thanks,
Sean

Sean McGovern

Feb 14, 2019, 11:04:17 AM2/14/19
to deal.II User Group
OK. I will look into it.
Thanks, Bruno!

Sean McGovern

Feb 19, 2019, 1:37:15 PM2/19/19
to deal.II User Group
Hi,

I returned to this today and using the installed PETSc module (which links against mkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 [not ilp]), setting the paths for the BLAS_DIR and LAPACK_DIR CMake variables in dealii.package, allowed for a complete installation and passing the quick_tests.
Thanks Bruno ( and also at FZJ to Lucas and Marc for their advice),
Best,
Sean