Direct solver matrix.free

Joss G.

Oct 21, 2021, 1:45:30 PM10/21/21
to deal.II User Group
Hi all,

I was using the solver PETScWrappers::SparseDirectMUMPS for a sparse matrix approach. Now I am changing the code to a matrix-free implementation and I am not using PETSc anymore, instead, I use LinearAlegebra::distributed::Vector<number>. I am not able to find an equivalent direct solver that I can use. Could anyone please point me what solver can i use?

Thank you very much.

Daniel Arndt

Oct 21, 2021, 1:55:24 PM10/21/21
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Joss,

The MatrixFree framework relies on the operator to be only defined by its action. Accessing individual elements (as direct solvers typically require) falls out of this concept. That is to say that the MatrixFree framework only works well with an iterative solver.

Best,
Daniel