Re: deal.ii from candi

luca.heltai

Nov 30, 2016, 2:02:59 PM11/30/16
to Deal.II Users, Dirk Peschka
Ciao Dirk,

unfortunately not. I’m forwarding your mail to the mailing list. Maybe someone there has a better idea…

L.

> On 29 Nov 2016, at 19:19, Dirk Peschka <dirk.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hey Luca,
>
> duing the petsc compilation, when making mumps, I get some strange
> errors and the installation fails. Most errors are relating to
>
> SCOTCH_Num
>
> /usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/include/parmetis.h:100:149: error: unknown
> type name ‘SCOTCH_Num’
>
> being an unknown type, but also that METIS_OK in the function
> mumps_parmetis_ is not declared.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers
> Dirk

Uwe Köcher

Nov 30, 2016, 2:59:45 PM11/30/16
to deal.II User Group, dirk.p...@gmail.com
Just an idea: parmetis is disabled for some reason by default in candi, this can be changed by enabling:
PACKAGES="${PACKAGES} once:parmetis"
(no # in front) in the file candi.cfg

Maybe this helps.

Uwe Köcher

Nov 30, 2016, 5:16:17 PM11/30/16
to deal.II User Group, dirk.p...@gmail.com
2nd answer to Dirk as reference:

Hej Dirk,

I see now your real problem,
you should not force to download parmetis within petsc
- this is not supported in the way you do this by candi -
(it may pick another mpi-compiler and forces your problem)

Please change your petsc options in the file
  ./candi/deal.II-toolchain/packages/petsc.package

and try to do not force petsc to download parmetis
(- since this will download an unsupported version -)

Maybe you need to add some lines to pick up the installed
parmetis version via candi - I don't know this in your case
specifically, since I'm using parmetis only via trilinos
with superlu.

Hopefully that helps you.

Kind regards
  Uwe