Failed to install dealii-9.0

Atanu

Jun 9, 2018, 9:48:50 AM6/9/18
to deal.II User Group

Hi,

I was trying to install dealii-9.0 in centos7 using candi and it ended up with an error saying,

Processing enabled package: Zoltan2 (Libs)
CMake Error at packages/zoltan2/CMakeLists.txt:8 (MESSAGE):
  Zoltan2 requires ParMETIS_version 4.0.3 or later.  Upgrade or set
  TPL_ENABLE_ParMETIS OFF or set Zoltan2_ENABLE_ParMETIS OFF.

See also "/home/dst-ab/deal.ii-candi/tmp/build/trilinos-release-12-10-1/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/dst-ab/deal.ii-candi/tmp/build/trilinos-release-12-10-1/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Failure with exit status: 1
Exit message: There was a problem configuring trilinos 12-10-1.

I looked at the forum for a solution, and checked all the prerequisites twice. Though it is advising to look into the cmakeerror.log, but I failed to understand from that. Awaiting some help.

Thanks,
Atanu

CMakeError.log

Atanu

Jun 11, 2018, 11:53:27 PM6/11/18
to deal.II User Group

Someone please help me. Maybe I am making a mistake, but I am unable to find it out.
Thanks
Atanu

Daniel Arndt

Jun 12, 2018, 3:20:07 AM6/12/18
to deal.II User Group
Atanu,

Hi,

I was trying to install dealii-9.0 in centos7 using candi and it ended up with an error saying,

Processing enabled package: Zoltan2 (Libs)
CMake Error at packages/zoltan2/CMakeLists.txt:8 (MESSAGE):
  Zoltan2 requires ParMETIS_version 4.0.3 or later.  Upgrade or set
  TPL_ENABLE_ParMETIS OFF or set Zoltan2_ENABLE_ParMETIS OFF.
It seems that on your system ParMETIS is found, but has the wrong version.
Are you installing ParMETIS through candi? What does candi.cfg say?
If so can you try with disabling it?
If you don't need Trilinos, it might also be easiest to diable it in candi.cfg.

Best,
Daniel

Atanu Banerjee

Jun 12, 2018, 7:34:47 AM6/12/18
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Daniel. Yes, I was installing ParaMETIS through candi only. I disabled it and it ran error free. But I am unable to understand the reason.

Thanks
Atanu

Warm Regards,
Atanu Banerjee

“God doesn't require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.”
― Mother Teresa

Uwe Köcher

Jun 14, 2018, 1:40:06 PM6/14/18
to deal.II User Group
Hi

I've got an issue roughly 2 weeks ago, which is similar to yours.

Please try:

I don't know what "the other issue" afterwards was. Feel free to report any more problems with the switch turned on.

Kind regards
  Uwe

Uwe Köcher

Jun 14, 2018, 2:33:12 PM6/14/18
to deal.II User Group
I just checked this by myself on a centos 7 machine. I'm setting up a patch for this.
Setting the variable seems to resolve the issue.

Uwe Köcher

Jun 14, 2018, 3:42:42 PM6/14/18
to deal.II User Group
the problem will be resolved with

Atanu Banerjee

Jun 23, 2018, 10:07:50 AM6/23/18
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Köcher. Installation ran smoothly.

Atanu