make run error: "dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libtbb_debug.dylib"

Qi Zhang

Sep 6, 2019, 12:19:46 AM9/6/19
to deal.II User Group
Hi, All

I recently installed dealii 9.1.1 on my new Macbook pro. The installation process was okay, however, when I tried to run the tutorial step-1 example, the following error message showed:

QideMacBook-Pro:step-1 qzhang94$ make run
[ 66%] Built target step-1
[100%] Run step-1 with Debug configuration
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libtbb_debug.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/deal.II.app/Contents/Resources/examples/step-1/./step-1
  Reason: image not found
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/run] Abort trap: 6
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/run.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/run.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [run] Error 2

I have tried to google this question and here are some provided solutions: (1) In https://github.com/dealii/dealii/wiki/MacOSX, it suggests
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/Users/.../deal.II/lib, while in my computer it should be modified to:
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=
$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH: /Applications/deal.II.app/Contents/Resources/lib. Unfortunately, it doesn't work
(I cannot find
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH using printenv command, but when I type echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH , it shows above defined path). (2) In another deal.ll group post,
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/dealii/hKNu1IfwClw/90SEOaewAwAJ,
it provided a solution, but I think the problematic library is different from mine and I also
cannot locate this libtbb_debug.dylib library. (3) Other replies often suggested to use the latest dealii package while I already use the latest one.

I am running dealii 9.1.1 on macOS Mojave 10.14.5 with Xcode 10.3, I don't know whether it is related to these software versions.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I will appreciate your help! Thanks a lot!

Best regards!
Qi Zhang