read_abaqus in GridIn missing

Jonathan Russ

Feb 3, 2016, 9:31:38 PM2/3/16
to deal.II User Group
Hello -

I noticed that the read_abaqus() method in the class GridIn is no longer in the source code when I downloaded the new version (8.3.0). Is there a reason this is the case or am I just overlooking something? I typically use Cubit to mesh my domains and this was the only function available that could read a format that Cubit can export.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Jonathan

Wolfgang Bangerth

Feb 3, 2016, 10:52:57 PM2/3/16
to dea...@googlegroups.com
I don't think 8.3 or any earlier version ever had read_abaqus. It was only
introduced after 8.3 and will be part of the next release.

Best
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@math.tamu.edu

Krzysztof Bzowski

Feb 4, 2016, 3:52:08 AM2/4/16
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Before 8.3 Mesh_converter was present as a standalone application. You
can use it to convert Abaqus INP to UCD. UCD was supported in GridIn.

Best,
K.