Jump terms over selected faces

Afonso Londero

Sep 30, 2015, 9:45:34 AM9/30/15
to deal.II User Group
Dear deal.ii users,

I need to integrate the jump of the gradient over some selected faces. In step-12 tutorial program there is something similar to what I want, using the Meshworker framework, in the method AdvectionProblem<dim>::integrate_face_term. However, from what I understood, this term will account for all the interior faces, represented by the set F^{i}_{h}. I want to integrate over a smaller subset of faces.

I was wondering if there is any way to flag or select the faces that will be integrated somehow, in order to avoid looping over all the faces.

Thanks!

Wolfgang Bangerth

Sep 30, 2015, 10:01:09 AM9/30/15
to dea...@googlegroups.com
I don't think there's a flag, but you can certainly simply do nothing
(i.e., just return) in your user-provided function on cells or faces
where you don't want to do anything.

Best
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@math.tamu.edu

Weixiong Zheng

Oct 1, 2015, 7:33:55 PM10/1/15
to deal.II User Group
One of the possible ways would be to follow Step-30. There, you don't use MeshWorker, rather you loop over all the faces by your own. A possibility is that you can easily choose the subset(s) of faces to do the integration.

Hope this work.

Best,
Weixiong

在 2015年9月30日星期三 UTC-5上午8:45:34,Afonso Londero写道: