DOF Renumbering & Creation of Block Matrices

Prashant Singh

Dec 16, 2019, 8:31:44 AM12/16/19
to deal.II User Group
Dear All,

I am trying to solve an inverse problem in elasticity, where all dofs are grouped into three categories. I have the below mentioned questions:

  1. Is it possible to renumber the dofs as per their group, ie: dofs corresponding to a certain group should be clustered together.

  2. After I have created the assembly matrix, I need to implement a block-wise solver scheme. To do this, I need an access to a 3*3 block matrix (as per the 3 individual groups)  which results from reorganisation of the original stiffness matrix. Please provide your suggestions of how to do so efficiently.

I am a novice to deal.ii, and was not able to find the answers in deal.ii documentation. So, requesting your kind help.

Thank you.

Regards
Prashant

Wolfgang Bangerth

Dec 16, 2019, 12:59:12 PM12/16/19
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at step-22 for example (many other tutorial programs do similar
things), where we split the degrees of freedom in the Stokes equation based on
whether they are velocities or pressures.

Best
WB

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu

Prashant Singh