Installation error

刘泽

Feb 22, 2019, 6:20:55 AM2/22/19
to deal.II User Group

Dear all,

I was trying to install dealii version 9.0.1 on department cluster using candi,

Before installing it, I install openmpi-3.0.0-intel

git clone https://github.com/dealii/candi

cd candi

./candi.sh -j 12  --platform=./deal.II-toolchain/platforms/supported/linux_cluster.platform -p /opt/bin/

but I got the following messages:

Number of (at most) build processes to use: PROCS=12

Packages:

load:dealii-prepare

once:git

once:opencascade

once:parmetis

once:hdf5

once:p4est

once:trilinos

once:petsc

once:slepc

dealii

Building stable releases of deal.II-toolchain packages.

Currently loaded modulefiles:

No Modulefiles Currently Loaded.

Compiler Variables:

CC variable not set, but default mpicc found.

CC  = /opt/openmpi-3.0.0-intel/bin/mpicc

CXX variable not set, but default mpicxx found.

CXX = /opt/openmpi-3.0.0-intel/bin/mpicxx

FC variable not set, but default mpif90 found.

FC  = /opt/openmpi-3.0.0-intel/bin/mpif90

FF variable not set, but default mpif77 found.

FF  = /opt/openmpi-3.0.0-intel/bin/mpif77

After that I got the following error:

candi tries now to download, configure, build and install:

Project:  deal.II-toolchain

Platform: ./deal.II-toolchain/platforms/supported/linux_cluster.platform

Skipping git

Skipping opencascade

Skipping parmetis

Skipping hdf5

Skipping p4est

trilinos: configuration with ParMETIS

Skipping trilinos

PETSc: configuration with ParMETIS

Skipping petsc

Skipping slepc

deal.II: configuration with METIS

deal.II: configuration with P4EST

deal.II: configuration with HDF5

deal.II: configuration with TRILINOS

deal.II: configuration with PETSC

deal.II: configuration with SLEPC

deal.II: configuration with OPENCASCADE

Fetching dealii v9.0.1

Previous HEAD position was 097bf59... update VERSION for release

Switched to branch 'master'

Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dealii/dealii.git/': Unable to communicate securely with peer: requested domain name does not match the server's certificate.

Failure with exit status: 1

Exit message: candi: git pull failed

Many thanks for any suggestion.

Ze

Wolfgang Bangerth

Feb 22, 2019, 6:00:39 PM2/22/19
to dea...@googlegroups.com
On 2/22/19 4:20 AM, 刘泽 wrote:
> fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dealii/dealii.git/': Unable
> to communicate securely with peer: requested domain name does not match
> the server's certificate.

I suspect you are calling candi from a node on the cluster that does not
have access to the internet via http. This is a common configuration for
clusters.

Talk to your system administrator. There is typically a way to set a
proxy somewhere (after which you need to tell git about it) so that git
can access http sites from the cluster as well.

Best
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu

Uwe Köcher

Mar 4, 2019, 5:24:37 PM3/4/19
to deal.II User Group
alternatively,
you could run the same configuration on a workstation and copy the tmp/src
and tmp/unpack to your cluster.

Maybe you need the developer_mode as given by the last line of the
config file as well - I'm not sure on that since I never run it without
git access.

Best
  Uwe