Old Mac Users wanted.

Luca Heltai

May 19, 2018, 4:10:24 AM5/19/18
to Deal.II Users
Dear All,

I just uploaded a version of deal.II 9.1.0pre (master version of yesterday) here:

This was compiled with clang 6.0.0, downloaded from the official llvm website. The compiler is included in the package, making this a good candidate for users of older Macs that did not (or do not want to) update Xcode to get Apple clang 9.1.0.

This package should work for you too. If there is anyone that has not updated yet to Apple clang 9.1.0, can you try to see if this package works for you?

Thanks!
Luca.

Sean McGovern

May 23, 2018, 5:40:17 AM5/23/18
to deal.II User Group
Hi Luca,

I am running OSX 13.3 with XCode 9.2 (9C40b) and clang version 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.39.2).
With that package, I was able to successfully run some examples through the app's terminal.

Best,
Sean