dealii-9.4.0 release candidate 1

Matthias Maier

Jun 16, 2022, 5:04:32 PM6/16/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We have tagged a first release candidate for the upcoming deal.II 9.4.0 release.
You can find the sources and a generated offline documentation here:

https://github.com/dealii/dealii/releases/tag/v9.4.0-rc1

Alternatively, you can switch to the dealii-9.4 branch in your local git repository

git remote update
git checkout v9.4.0-rc1

It would be great if you could test it on your machine with your typical configuration!
If no further regressions show up, we will release Friday June 24. The release
progress is tracked in the following GitHub issue:

https://github.com/dealii/dealii/issues/13574

Thanks!

Matthias
on behalf of the deal.II developer team

Alberto Salvadori

Jun 30, 2022, 7:55:34 AM6/30/22
to deal.II User Group
Matthias,

I wonder if this release is  fully compatible with Apple M1 (and M2 as well) or not.
Thank you,

Alberto

Marco Feder

Jul 1, 2022, 5:30:48 AM7/1/22
to deal.II User Group
This may be of interest to you: https://github.com/dealii/dealii/issues/13574#issuecomment-1166472620

Best,
Marco

Matthias Maier

Jul 4, 2022, 3:06:57 PM7/4/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alberto,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022, at 06:55 CDT, Alberto Salvadori <alberto....@unibs.it> wrote:

> I wonder if this release is fully compatible with Apple M1 (and M2 as
> well) or not.

It depends a bit on what "fully compatible" should imply - in general,
yes, deal.II should just compile and work fine on Apple M1 processors.

I cannot guarantee that all external dependencies work, though - we also
do not have a regression tester set up for Apple M1.

Best,
Matthias