How to apply a point source condition (point boundary condition) in Discontinuous Galerkin methods

Jiaqi Zhang

Aug 29, 2016, 10:39:27 AM8/29/16
to deal.II User Group
Dear All,

I was trying to use DG to solve a Hamilton-Jacobi equation, and the problem has a point source condition

for example, the center of a unit square pointCenter = 0.

First I thought of using
ZeroSourcePoint.add_line(cell->vertex_dof_index(v,0));

but later found that DG elements aren't defined at the vertices of the mesh in FAQ.

So how do I impose this point condition in DEAL II?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Jiaqi

Bruno Turcksin

Aug 29, 2016, 11:00:43 AM8/29/16
to deal.II User Group
Jiaqi,

to create a point source, you can use VectorTools::create_point_source_vector (http://dealii.org/developer/doxygen/deal.II/namespaceVectorTools.html#ad03b858b1a3b59003a76f6224e67efc7)

Best,

Bruno

Jiaqi ZHANG

Aug 29, 2016, 12:23:59 PM8/29/16
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bruno, I should have searched a little bit more.

Best,
Jiaqi

Jiaqi Zhang
Graduate student