distributed body force

benhour....@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2016, 5:28:11 PM12/13/16
to deal.II User Group
Dear All,
It would be very kind of you if you let me know how I can imply distributed load on the inner radius of a ring instead of using nodal load.

Thanks,
Benhour

Wolfgang Bangerth

Dec 14, 2016, 11:01:02 AM12/14/16
to dea...@googlegroups.com
On 12/13/2016 03:28 PM, benhour....@gmail.com wrote:
> It would be very kind of you if you let me know how I can imply distributed
> load on the inner radius of a ring instead of using nodal load.

Benhour -- as I and others have pointed out on previous occasions, this
question is impossible to answer. First, there is not nearly enough detail in
your question: what is a "nodal load"? What is a "distributed load"? What kind
of equation are you solving? Do you mean that your domain is ring-shaped, or
are you referring to anything else?

But even with this information, the question asks for too much. In essence,
you are asking for others to write your code. This online community can not do
this -- we are all volunteers offering our time answering questions. This
forum is there to answer *concrete* questions. For example, you could have
asked whether this or that function in deal.II is more appropriate for doing
what you want to do, and what their subtle differences are.

But your question shows *no effort at all* at trying to solve the problem
yourself. You seem to hope that someone else does it for you. We cannot do that.

Best
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu