Calculation of local flux matrix in DG: looping over a cell's faces

vachan potluri

Sep 24, 2019, 1:18:01 AM9/24/19
to deal.II User Group
Hello all,

I want to calculate local flux matrix of a cell (in 2D). The algorithm I thought of is the following:

CodeCogsEqn.png

Within loop over cells:
    start loop over faces:
        re-initialize fe_face_values for current face
        calculate the 1D mass matrix
        add contribution of this face to cell's flux matrix (how)

The 1D mass matrix on a face can be computed using fe_face_values. To get the mapping between a face's mass matrix and cell's flux matrix, we require to know what DoFs of a cell are on which face. The FE_DGQ class documents the ordering of DoFs. What is the ordering of the faces w.r.t. a cell? i.e.; what DoFs of a cell do each of the faces 0,1,2 and 3 hold?

Thanks
Vachan

vachan potluri

Sep 24, 2019, 2:52:40 AM9/24/19