deal.ii does not support MacOSX10.13.sdk

zhen-lin Wang

Sep 26, 2017, 8:47:06 PM9/26/17
to deal.II User Group
Hi,

I am using Mac OS just updated my Xcode as MacOSX10.13.sdk. Then I got a error during compiling
No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework'

Indeed there is only  /MacOSX10.13.sdk there, so I put a symbolic link using
sudo ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk

and compile again, Then I got some error like

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/cmath:313:9: error: no member named 'signbit' in the global

      namespace

using ::signbit;

But when I delete the symbolic link I created, and compile again, it works but shot me a warning finally

warning: directory not found for option '-F/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks'

I wonder is there any cleaner way to fix the problem? Since every time I compile a new code, I need to that again.

thanks,

Zhenlin

Praveen C

Sep 26, 2017, 10:55:52 PM9/26/17
to Deal.II Googlegroup
On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 6:17 AM, zhen-lin Wang <zhenlin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am using Mac OS just updated my Xcode as MacOSX10.13.sdk. Then I got a error during compiling
No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework'

Indeed there is only  /MacOSX10.13.sdk there, so I put a symbolic link using
sudo ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk

No, you shouldn't be doing such things.

Make sure you updated your command line tools.

Recompile deal.II after deleting the old cmake cache files. It may be using the old settings.

I usually delete my build directory, run cmake freshly and then compile deal.II. Since you have done a major update to your system, I would recommend doing this.

Best
praveen