PreconditionBlockJacobi (for a multigrid smoother, step-37 style)

Astor Piaz

Mar 3, 2016, 12:15:51 PM3/3/16
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I would like to use a 'PreconditionBlockJacobi<MatrixType,inverse_type>' as a smoother of a multigrid preconditioner BUT providing my own 'MatrixType<...>', similar to step-37's usage of 'PreconditionChebyshev<MatrixType,VectorType>'.

The implementations of 'PreconditionChebyshev<MatrixType,VectorType>' and
'PreconditionBlockJacobi<MatrixType,inverse_type>' are different though, because while the template specialization of the former is performed in the building of my own code, the latter is specialized in the building of deal.II.

My 'MatrixType<...>' however, is problem-dependent, therefore modifying deal.II for each problem is out of the question.

I wonder then:

What would be the best way (if any) to create a block Jacobi preconditioner using my own 'MatrixType<...>'?

Best,
--
Astor

Astor Piaz