Local tutorial installation missing some examples

Xuefeng Li

Apr 9, 2020, 5:02:21 PM4/9/20
to deal.II User Group
Hi, all!

I installed dealii-9.1.1 along with documentation under Ubuntu 18 inside VM VirtualBox on a Win10 PC. I spent the last couple of weeks reading through the tutorial, one example at a time. I also ran some of the examples as suggested by the tutorial.

However, my local installation of tutorial misses a couple of examples when compared to the tutorial online. Particularly, step-16b, 47, 50, 65, 67, 69 are not available locally. Does anyone know why these examples are missing? How do I make them available so that I can run them locally?

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Paul Pelteret

Apr 9, 2020, 6:24:48 PM4/9/20
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xuefeng,

The list of tutorials that are contained in the latest release (currently 9.1.1, which you’re using) are shown on this page:

The tutorials that your find missing are not a part of that release, and are either new additions to the library or were not yet completed by the time of the release. You’ll have to download the developer version of deal.II in order to have a local copy of them.

I hope that this answers your question!
Best,
Jean-Paul

Xuefeng Li